SATURDAY, JULY 28th
Pre Tour Programming
Join us on Saturday and participate in all the pre tour activities organised by the Town of Ajax.
Arrive after lunch and particiapte in some or all of the following fun activities:
- Pre tour camping at Rotary Park for the night of July 28th.
- Self guided Ajax discovery rides with routes provided.
- Ajax Spirit Walk – spooky spirit walk – traverse the Waterfront Trail with spirits in costume discovering the spooky history of Ajax along the way.
- Meet your fellow riders at the GWTA Pub Night at the Rotary Park Pavillion featuring beers from local craft brewery Falcon Brewing Company.
- pick up your registration package from GWTA staff and meet the team!
- park your car at free Ajax Long Term Parking at Lakeside Public School.
SUNDAY, JULY 29th
Rotary Park, Ajax – Victoria Park, Cobourg total distance 99km
Long Term Parking for the week will be available in Ajax – stay tuned for further details.
Registration and opening ceremonies – Rotary Park, Ajax
Port Darlington – 41km – Lunch (on your own)
Bobby C’s Dockside Restaurant, 70 Port Darlington Road, Bowmanville
Port Hope – 84km – late lunch for those who didn’t stop at Bobby C’s
Betty’s Pies and Tarts – 90km -The butter tarts at Betty’s Pies and Tarts are award‐winning! They offer their standard plain, raisin & pecan butter tarts, as well as a delicious Peanut Butter and Jam tart. Find them located between Port Hope and Cobourg on County Road 2
Cobourg – 99km
Tonight’s campground will be down by the water at the beautiful Victoria Park on the Great Lakes Waterfront Trail.
Luggage will not be available at the campground until 3pm – please allow our volunteers time to unload and sort your luggage.
Comfy Campers will not be open until 3pm.