Beautiful and quaint, Niagara-on-the-Lake is the official western terminus of the Lake Ontario Waterfront Trail and the northern terminus of the very popular Niagara River Recreation Trail. Along the Trail, you’ll discover two historic military forts, the Shaw Festival, dozens of shops, restaurants and wineries. To see more of the Lake and the lovely neighborhoods in NOTL, start at Nelson Park and follow the residential streets (Ricardo, Queen and Niagara Blvd.) Niagara on the Lake is located on the Niagara Peninsula where Lake Ontario meets the Niagara River. It is brimming with history and culture and loads of things to enjoy!
- Bike rentals and tours available from Zoom Leisure Bikes
- Fort George Niagara Historic Site–Tours
- Fort Mississauga
- Shaw Festival
Distance: 27 km
- Off-road portion of the Trail meanders through the Common.
- On-road portion follows Mary Street/Lakeshore Rd. (13.7 km)
- Caution required along stretches of Lake Shore Rd (approximately 6km) where there are no or narrow shoulders and the speed limit is 60kph. This portion is not yet signed or designated as Trail at this time. Official Trail resumes at Townline Road.
- Trail continues from Fort George south to Niagara Falls along the Niagara River Recreational Trail (13 km)