The heart of St. Catharines’ Waterfront Trail is Port Dalhousie with its antique carousel, sandy beach and busy harbour. Along the Welland Canal, people can still see a working waterfront in action as vessels pass through the canal locks.
- Long sections of off-road stone dust trail and quiet residential roads.
- Bike lanes have been installed along Lakeshore from Townline Road to Read Road.
- Trail ends at Courtleigh Rd west of Port Dalhousie.
- Unsigned (undesignated) route runs west on Lakeshore into the Town of Lincoln, where trail resumes at Lakeshore and 7th St. Louth. Caution should be exercised on this busy stretch of road.
- Stock up on water and provisions in Port Dalhousie since Trail west through Lincoln and east toward NOTL has few amenity stops.