Looking for a great fall ride to round out the season? — join us to ride a Farm Fresh Cycling Tour on the Highland Hustle route over the weekend of September 17 & 18.
Saddle-up alone or with a group of friends and join the Waterfront Regeneration Trust and Greenbelt Foundation for a supported ride on one of our new Farm-Fresh tours. We’ll be celebrating two iconic Ontario landscapes infused with the bounty of the Ontario Greenbelt and serene views of Lake Ontario. Check out the video to meet the participating businesses and see the stunning beauty of the route!
- Two day-long cycle tours.
- Day one – Highland Hustle East – 60 km or Day 2 – Highland Hustle East – 75km. Register for one date or both, to make yourself weekend trip!
- Rest stops featuring seasonal fruit from local farms.
- Delicious samples (included) at a number of local farms and businesses, including Tyrone Mills, Haute Goat and Sargent’s Dairy.
- A fully-signed Great Lakes to Greenbelt cycling loop joining the Greenbelt Route, Great Lakes Waterfront Trail ( see ride with GPS routes below)
- Great views, a selection of the 3 B’s (bakeries, beaches and breweries), and the hustle and flow of the Durham and Northumberland hills and waterfront.
- Suitable for experienced cyclists used to riding up to 75km in one day.
- Numbers limited to 50 riders per day.
- Register on site from 8:30am; ride starts at 9am on Saturday 17 and 9:30am on Sunday 18
- Saturday 17 September – Start and Finish located at Chronicle Brewery,422 Lake Rd #3, Bowmanville, ON L1A 4P8 – start time 9am
- Sunday 18 September – Start and Finish located at Ganaraska Brewing Company, 33 Mill St S, Port Hope, ON L1A 2S6 – start time 9:30am
- Each days ride includes lunch and a craft beer at the Finish.
- Free parking
- Ride your road bike, gravel bike, hybrid bike or mountain bike – this ride is mainly on quiet country roads.
- Helmets mandatory – no helmet no ride.
Day 1 Saturday September 17:
Distance: 64 km
Terrain: Mix of paved on-road and off-road facilities. North end of loop is hilly.
Day 2 Sunday September 18:
Terrain: Mostly paved on-road. 2km unpaved road. North end of loop is hilly.