Looking for a great local ride to help you stretch your legs — do the Highland Hustle!
Saddle-up alone or with a group of friends and join the Waterfront Regeneration Trust and Greenbelt Foundation for a supported ride of the Highland Hustle East or West on one of our new Farm-Fresh tours. We’ll be celebrating two iconic Ontario landscapes infused with the bounty of the Ontario Greenbelt and serene views of Lake Ontario. Check out the video to meet the participating businesses and see the stunning beauty of the route!
- Two day-long cycle tours.
- Day one – Highland Hustle Heart – 60 km (with a new shorter option) or Day 2 – Highland Hustle East – 75km. Register for one date or both, to make yourself weekend trip!
- Rest stops featuring seasonal fruit from local farms.
- Delicious samples (included) at a number of local farms and businesses, including Tyrone Mills, Haute Goat and Sargent’s Dairy.
- A fully-signed Great Lakes to Greenbelt cycling loop joining the Greenbelt Route, Great Lakes Waterfront Trail and signed connectors in Whitby and Clarington.
- Great views, a selection of the 3 B’s (bakeries, beaches and breweries), and the hustle and flow of the Durham and Northumberland hills and waterfront.
- Suitable for experienced cyclists used to riding up to 100km in one day.
- Numbers limited to 50 riders per day.
- Sign in and roll out when you are ready to start the ride between 8:30am and 9:30 am.