Saturday August 8th, 2020
Blue Mountain Village to Owen Sound — approximately 75 km
7 am Breakfast (included)
Served at the Blue Mountain Inn.
8 am Launch Celebrations and Group photo at the Starting line.
- Slow roll/staggered departure out of the Village. Should the group be split?
- Use Monterra Rd to leave the Inn and get onto the Trail.
- WRT volunteers to marshal the crossing of Hwy 26.
- Potential involvement Smitty’s Bike Store—Jo Sharland co-ordinating.
- First Stop of the Tour—Thornbury
- Blue Mountain Town offices. Washrooms
- Staff available to give some ideas for stopping in Town for coffee. Lunch likely too early. Bike corral?
- Ryan Gibbons to follow-up and serve as main contact.
- Lunch: on your own –Meaford Follow-up with Meaford via phone call to see about a bike corral.
Ainsley Woods Conservation Area has a port a potty.
Water Stop and Shuttle from Coffin Ridge
Leith Church Stop—Tom has reached out and they are interested. Leith Church has the best acoustics for music.
Water Stop/Beach Break at Hibou Conservation Area
- Stop at the parking lot on the west side of the road where there is a beach. On the east side there is a self-guided walking trail.
- Tim will check to see if Friends of Hibou would staff a pavilion to give information. Bike parking at the pavilion. Participants to bring their own lock. Hibou CA may have bike rack that could be used. There is a tap to refill water bottles.
- CAA could park here.
Overnight: Community Centre or YMCA for Camping, Travelodge
Melissa Crannie to be the lead. Brent Fisher suggested Kelso Beach Campground as the overnight. Campfires ok. Some electric sites. Need to confirm number of showers. Near to beach. Quite far from hotels.
Owen Sound Legion Branch 6, 1450 2nd Ave W, Owen Sound, ON N4K 5P3 for included dinner and breakfast. http://owensoundlegion.com/hall.htm
WRT interested in Harry Lumley Bayshore Community Centre. https://facilities.owensound.ca/home/detail?id=9c2c6f71-cddf-4db3-b911-c8ea146f8944
- Owen Sound has 8 different art galleries
Construction—ask Owen Sound to sign cycling detour around 10street/HWY 6 Bridge
Visit Grey sponsors dinner.