This stretch of Waterfront Trail offers visitors lovely rural landscapes, quaint, historic villages and wonderful views of Lake Ontario. Must see attractions include Historic Fairfield House, sand beach at Bath Centennial Park, Finkle’s Shores Park
Be sure to allow time to visit Amherst Island by Millhaven. It’s known for its artisans, music, birdwatching, beach and tranquil scenery. The quiet unpaved roads on the Island work well for families using hybrid bikes or hikers.
- Trail surface is paved shoulder along Highway 33 along the Loyalist Parkway, through Sandhurst, Bath, Millhaven and Amherstview.
- Speed limit along some sections is 80 kph, so care is required.
- Coffee shop and restaurant in Bath and a mall with more stores and restaurants in Amherstview.
- Walkers and history buffs will love this self-guided historic walking tour. Great way to learn how the American Revolution led to settlement in area. These settler were called United Empire Loyalists. http://www.loyalisttownship.ca/default/assets/File/Page%201%262-WALKING%20BATH.pdf
- County of Lennox Addington has developed 12 signed, scenic cycling routes, many connected to the Trail. In total it gives cyclists 600 km of great riding. https://www.lennox-addington.on.ca/explore/county-trails