Kingston offers museums, historic military landmarks, and a vibrant downtown filled with great pubs and restaurants. For those seeking nature in the city, there are over 500 hectares of forest, fields and wetlands to explore in two Conservation Areas accessible from the Waterfront Trail in Kingston.
- Primarily on-road through Kingston.
- Many waterfront parks are for pedestrian use only.
- In some places King St. is narrow and busy.
- Steep hill leading to Fort Henry (one of the steepest along the Trail).
- East of the downtown core, the Trail runs along the paved shoulder of Old HWY 2.
- Outside of downtown area, there are few stores and services available. McLachlan Woodworking Museum has washrooms and sells drinks and refreshments.