The Town of Prescott offers a variety of attractions and activities for visitors. History buffs will find a wealth of well-preserved historical buildings and heritage sites. Clear waters and old sunken shipwrecks have made Prescott a popular location for divers as well. In downtown Prescott, you’ll find over 100 welcoming shops, services and restaurants and a farmers’ market open on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. At Fort Wellington National Historic Site you can try on a costume from the 1800s, explore a gun boat wreck and enjoy treats cooked over an open fire. Prescott is also home to an outstanding outdoor theatre. The St. Lawrence Shakespeare Festival performs in a lovely amphitheatre on the Trail at Water and Edward.
- County Rd 2 west of Prescott has narrow paved shoulders, care should be taken since the speed limit for vehicles is 80 km/h
- Paved, off-road section from Mary St. to Lawrence St.
- Off-road section from Centre St. to east of Boundary St. (Heritage River Trail)
- sections of County Rd 2 east of Prescott run on narrow to no shoulders with moderate levels of traffic (including trucks), care should be taken as the speed limit for vehicles is 80 km/h
- Limited number of excellent B&Bs and Inns near to the Town Centre.